52 Weeks of Me Challenge – Week 2
15 Interesting Facts About Me & A Recent Picture
- I am cross eye dominant, which explains so many things I never understood about myself. Supposedly, some of the “symptoms” of crossed eyed dominance are: a tendency to misplace objects, rotating papers strangely while writing, tilting your head 40 degrees while writing, and the inability to make decisions…
- I love baking and find it to be very therapeutic. However, I don’t let myself do it nearly as much as I’d like because more often than not it is horrible for you… haha.
- I was born in Corning, NY, but have lived in Lancaster, PA since I was 3 years old.
- My biggest tip off to when I’m stressed/having anxiety is I will realize I just spent the last 2 hours cleaning everything in sight… twice.
- I went to, and graduated from, cyber school starting in 7th grade.
- I have been working since I was 15. I have also have had the most unrelated jobs – busser at a restaurant, wireless representative at Sprint, and a Preschool/Young Toddler Teacher at a daycare.
- I played soccer from 5th to 10th grade, only quitting because we moved out of the school district. The school district we moved into didn’t allow homeschool/cyber school students to participate in their extra curricular activities. The position I typically played center mid or center forward, but played any forward or midfield position.
- In 3rd & 4th grade I broke my foot… in the same place. The first time my sister shut my foot in the playground door of McDonald’s. The second time I slipped on a wet floor and my foot went under the refrigerator. Supposedly, when you break something it heals back harder making it more difficult to break again. Needless to say, the doctors couldn’t understand how it broke in the same place twice.
- I went to college for Early Childhood Education and only need two classes to finish my Associates degree, but… kids. Haha.
- When I was 16 I went with my high school to Pearlington, MS to help with Katrina relief. We were a part of Presbyterian Disaster Assistance group. Everyone slept in PODS and took freezing cold showers, which were only separated by tarps. With all of that said… it was one of the most amazing, humbling experiences of my life. I hope to one day be able to do the same kind of volunteer work again.
- No matter how cold it is in my room I HAVE to sleep with a fan on. I cannot stand the silence.
- I hated the thought, idea, and smell of coffee until my honeymoon in Aruba, at age 21. I randomly decided to make a cup of coffee in our hotel room and haven’t stopped drinking it since. It wasn’t even flavored coffee; it was just sweetened with sugar in the raw and regular creamer!
- I used to take a Hip-Hop dance class, I think from age 13/14 to age 17…. I was pretty bad, haha.
- I have a tattoo on my foot of my maiden name, with 4 hearts representing my 4 sisters. I got it at the same time as one of my sisters (25), but my other two sisters (22 & 17) are waiting until my youngest sister turns 18.
- I love all things Disney, but have never been to Disneyworld.
I didn’t realize how hard it would be to find a recent picture of myself. I decided to include candid images… since 99.9% of the time I’m not wearing any make-up beyond mascara and chapstick. I also realized how many more pictures I have of Daxton and myself than of Kieran and I – he’s definitely my little cuddlebug recently!
That concludes my 52 Weeks Of Me Challenge – Week 2! I would love to get to know you better as well! Tell me some fun facts about yourself!